Thursday 11 August 2011

But excuse me that is MY book

I was reading Lauren Child's classic But excuse ME THAT is my book to my kids last night when I noticed certain books in the library that I recognised.

I own these three and managed to find them in my library today. Art in Theory is clearly visible when Charlie and Lola are outside the library looking through the window. 

In my crap photo it is the big blurry white book towards the right of the middle shelf. This volume of Art in Theory covers the period 1900- 2000 showing Lauren's tastes are modern. Towards the end of But excuse ME THAT is my book you can clearly see the Faber Plath's collected poems right next to a copy of The Bell Jar (pink spine, yellow writing).

Also visible in the book is Jimmy Corrigan, the Smartest Kid on Earth by Chris Ware - another book I claim as MINE actually in FACT excuse ME. (Just to the left of Charlie's head there.) 
Also visible in the pic above are Martin Amis's The Information and the Black Sparrow edition of Charles Bukowski's Ham on Rye. 

Other books I can make out are Will Self's The Quantity Theory of Insanity; Seeing Things by Oliver Postgate; Dave Eggers's A Heartbreaking Work Of Staggering Genius; The Faber Book of Contemporary Stories About Childhood; Malignant Sadness by Louis Wolpert; Ardal O'Hanlon's The Talk of the Town and Helen Fielding's Bridget Jones's Diary. 

I'm getting bored now but there are plenty of others. Why not find yourself a copy and carry on the game? 

Which of those books do you have at home? 

No comments:

Post a Comment